About The Role
You will have the opportunity to define and drive best practices and standards for Yello’s relational and non-relational data stores. You will join an existing team charged with ensuring the overall health of data that Yello collects. You will work closely with the architects, data guild, core, feature and infrastructure teams to produce solutions that are scalable and sustainable. You will act as a technical thought leader within our Software Engineering department and help define our future by developing robust, scalable and reusable shared components. We currently utilize Postgres and ElasticSearch in a Ruby on Rails environment powered by AWS (Amazon Web Services). This is a full-time 100% hands-on role.
How You’ll Make An Impact
This is a key role in Yello’s largest initiative around data health and code quality that will ensure our platform is prepared for the next level of growth. You will enable our clients to have a clear understanding of business-critical activities that drive their hiring practices. Your work will ensure that our platform can continue to meet the needs of our fast-growing customer base and enable new product development opportunities.
What We’re Looking For
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience required
- Proven track record of designing and improving high-performance transactional data systems in a cloud environment
- Mastery of relational database design patterns with emphasis on OLTP web applications
- Deep experience developing against non-relational data stores (Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to take complex business requests and transform them into clean, simple data-driven solutions
- A proven record of personally taking large/complex data projects from ideation to implementation
- Experience working through performance issues, tuning queries as necessary to ensure scalability and security
- Ruby on Rails or similar framework experience required
- React experience is a significant plus.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, etc) is ideal
- Experience developing against SOA or microservices architectures is preferred
- A desire to share knowledge and help others on your team grow
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across the engineering team
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague’s birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time
AddSearch Custom Site Search